Followers

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday Mix

The moon was luminous last night and hung in the sky like one of those globes at a dance that reflect lights. The drive into to work was pleasant, with remarkably little traffic and I noticed the greening that is occurring all about us. It felt safe and comforting.

On the west cost, the San Francisco Giants, my absolute favorite baseball team suffered consecutive days of rainouts for only the
second time since the team moved to San Fran in 1958. Tell me there isn't something screwy going on with the weather. Tuesday's series opener was already rescheduled as a split doubleheader for Thursday.

Tuesday night, the KC Metro Verse met at the Writer House. I filled in for our President who was ill. The meeting was mostly read-arounds. We were short several other members.

I see
Christine over at This is All Your Fault has been experimenting with e.e. cummings - I kind of like it, but it seems so different from what we usually see from her. I guess that is where the experimental part comes in. Anyway I liked it! Note: her book The Salt Daughter is now available on Amazon.com.

The past few days - I seem to have lost track how many now, I have been following Eileen Tabios'
posts on her blog - she have captured the last days with her father. Her words have been painfully beautiful.

I finished reading Bitter Fame - A Life of Sylvia Plath this week. I've read numerous biographical books on Plath. This on is worth the read. I'll tell you more about why I feel this way in a later post.

Tags:

3 comments:

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

yes, I'm a secret cummings fan. I think it would be fun to try to incorporate some of his style into my regular poems.

And hey, my book is TOO available on Amazon. Go here:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1411675088/qid=1144810712/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-7521245-4512046?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

or just search for the last name Hamm under books.

Michael A. Wells said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael A. Wells said...

Yes, and I've read it. It is written in that wonderfully edgy voice you often write in that I especially enjoy.